Monday, April 07, 2008

Yellow Tulip, Flower Painting by Sandra Merwin

Yellow Tulip, Flower Painting by Sandra Merwin


Tulips are finally starting to bloom. Thus I'm inspired to paint them.

In Montana we've had a long cool spring. The snow pack is 125% and not anywhere near melting. It looks like this will help the water situation in Montana this year.

If you look at my blog you'll see that I have a few styles. You may notice that my style depends on my medium. When painting with Watercolor the style is like the Tulips - soft and flowing. When painting with acrylic I like to use bold strokes with a palette knife. My mixed media often make use of line and form.
Yellow Tulip

5 X 7 matted ready for framing
Watercolor on Yupo
$95.00
To purchase email: impastoartist@yahoo.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin