Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"Getting Ready to Ride" Horse Scenic by Montana artist, Sandra Merwin, smerwin

This is #2 in "My Montana" series. This is what I see around me. Men walk down the streets in cowboy hats. Formal affairs are called black tie and blue jeans; the men wear a tuxedo top with jeans and boots - and of course cowboy hats.

This miniature is created on 300# Yupo. Yupo is a slippery paper that keeps the watercolor floating until it dries. Regular watercolor paper allows the water to soak into it. Yupo with watercolor needs to be fixed with a watercolor type varnish, other wise getting it wet would cause the painting to float into different puddles. I still can't believe that I did a scenic with figures in watercolor on yupo. All the paint is floating so it is hard to get the lines and modeling that define the tiny forms.

"Getting Ready to Ride"

About This Painting:
Miniature watercolor painting on yupo, #2 in My Montana series. 20% donation to HSUS NRRO. For more information click on my blog.

Size: 7 in X 5 in (17.8 cm X 12.7 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email



$100.00 includes postage

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin