Friday, June 20, 2008

"They Depend on You" - Wire Fox Terrier by Sandra Merwin, s merwin

Summer is here and there are hot temperatures. This week was the AKC show. I went to see the dogs. I walked through the black topped parking lot in the hot sun and heard barking. I followed the barking and found show dogs left in a car with the windows cracked. Dogs can die quickly in these circumstances. I walked a block to the arena and found the AKC Show Superintendent and reported the incident. He got someone on the microphone and announced the car license plate and told the owner to come to him immediately. I walked back to the car to make sure the dogs were taken care of. No one showed up. I walked back to the area (Walking from the car to the arena took about five minutes.)

I talked to the Show Superintendent again and he again had someone announce that the owner of the car show should come forward immediately or he would call the police. The woman who owned the dogs came rushing up and said, "What the he** is the problem??? I left the windows cracked." The people at the registration desk educated her and took her to the car to help her depart the show.

I came home, grabbed a palette knife and this is the painting I carved out of the paint. "They Depend on You!" I think the painting says it all.

"They Depend on You" - Wire Fox Terrier

About This Painting:
At an AKC show I reported show dogs left in a hot car with the high temperatures outside. This painting is my emotional response to how some people treat their dogs. They Depend on You! 20% to HSUS NRRO.

Media: Acrylic Impasto
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $125 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin