Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blue Dancer Trinity - Contemporary Western Horse Equine Montana Mustang Art

Blue Dancer Trinity - Contemporary Western Horse Equine Montana Mustang Art
Blue Dancer Trinity - Contemporary Western Horse Equine Montana Mustang Art, painting by Sandra Merwin

About This Painting:
I like to paint in threes. Three has a deep significance not only for me but for much of humankind throughout our history.

Three is the symbol of the unity of the body, mind and spirit. Throughout history the number three has been a symbol linked to the connectedness and integrity of the universe. In art there are three primary color red, green and blue. Aristotle had three dramatic unities: Unity of Action, Unity of Time, Unity of Place. In music the triad form the basis of any chord. In math three is the first odd prime number. In many religions three has spiritual significance.

Blue Dancer Trinity brings together the magic of the number three and the joy of the Dancer. Watching the muscles ripple, hearing hoofs strike the earth like a drum, I know one of life's great dancers is the horse.. The Dancer becomes the symbol of how we move in life. The dance is the way we can move effortlessly between chaos and order, between suffering and joy, between understanding and paradox.



Media: Mixed Media
Size: 20 in X 16 in (50.8 cm X 40.6 cm)
Price: USD

How to Purchase:
send me an email

1 comment:

X. said...

Hello, I really love your horse paintings,maybe because I feel very identified with these amazing animals, I try to find inspiration in them. Their strength, their joy , beauty and power makes them unique in the animal kindom. The colors you used, blue, yellow, brown, gives the sensation of the connection it has to wind and earth at the same time. I find them awesome. I'll keep watching the other paintings. I will love to get in to uch with you. Congratulations for your work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin