Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"First Meeting" Oil Painting Dog Art Portrait Commission

Click on the above image to see a larger image.
Creating commissioned Art works in oil of Dogs and Dog Portraits is always a labor of love. Creating art works honoring a family member who is covered in fur isn't a recent occurrence. In fact Dog, Horse and Animal art represents a respectable segment of art history. Approximately 10 years ago a small painting of the Duke of York's dog sold for around three million.

First Meeting - Dog Portrait Commmission Oil
First Meeting - Dog Portrait Commmission Oil, painting by Sandra Merwin

About This Painting:
For the last few months I've truly been enjoying doing commissions. When I sent this painting off to the owner she emailed me and said "The painting is beyond my highest expectations! I love it."

Media: Oil
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)

How to Purchase:
This painting is sold

1 comment:

dellartist said...

I love this painting. It so beautifully expresses a sweet, tender moment. And I love the commentary on animal art.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin