Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Spirit Horses - Contemporary Horse Paintings Art by Montana Arist, SJ Merwin

Spirit Dancers - Contemporary Horse art painting by Montana Artist
Spirit Dancers - Contemporary Horse art painting by Montana Artist, painting by Sandra Merwin
About This Painting:
Bold primary colors with energy exploding from the canvas. Spirit Dancers is a wealth of lost and found lines with the red and yellow creating an effect of more horses behind the spirit horses.

I recently received an email from a viewer who mentioned how much she enjoyed my spirit horses. Now I have a new series to go with my Blue Dancer Series. The new series is Spirit Horses. Watch for more horses of the spirit.

More about the painting process:
As I created Spirit Dancers I thought of the synonym for Spirit which is Soul. And I mused on the question of animal souls.

Do animals have a soul? According to many learned religious leaders animals do not have a soul. This belief comes from our past history. Even 50 years ago people thought that animals lived only on an instinctual level. Today we are learning more about animals and who they are. Ravens are problem solvers and use tools. Dogs smell at a molecular level. Jelly fish have emotions. Elephants grieve when one of them dies. Whether or not the learned religious leaders believe animals have a soul, I know many who disagree. A friend of mine says: I won't see you in heaven unless there are animals. Who would want to be there? A place without animals is no place for me.

Media: Acrylic on stretched canvas
Size: 20 in X 16 in (50.8 cm X 40.6 cm)
How to Purchase:
send me an email

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin