Thursday, November 14, 2013

Red-winged Blackbird Study, Bird Art, Painting, Original by SJ Merwin


Red-Winged Blackbird in Flight Bird Art Painting Original
Red-Winged Blackbird in Flight Bird Art Painting Original, painting by Sandra Merwin
About This Painting:
This Red-winged Blackbird oil was created as a study, in preparation for a large work of several types of birds. I wanted to see how the motion of flying could show a new perspective of the red-winged black bird. I never used this image as part of the large work I created, but I was always intrigued with how it looked on this 9 X 12 inch canvas.

 I recently moved my studio. During the packing stage I found over 100 painting studies that I'd never released. One of these paintings is this charming study of a Red-winged blackbird in flight.

According to Wikipedia: "In art, a study is a drawing, sketch or painting done in preparation for a finished piece, or as visual notes.[1] Studies are often used to understand the problems involved in rendering subjects and to plan the elements to be used in finished works, such as light, color, form, perspective and composition.[2] Studies can have more impact than more-elaborately planned work, due to the fresh insights the artist gains while exploring the subject. The excitement of discovery can give a study vitality."

I think this definition accurately describes this study - vital, creative and unusual. Because this is a study it is priced under $100.00.  Keep watching, I plan on releasing all 100 studies.


Media: Oil Study on Canvas Panel
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)
Price: $55 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $55 USD plus $7 USD s/h

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin